This post may contain affiliate links. Through these links, I get a commission if you purchase something, with no extra cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products that I love and personally use/research.
Drinking enough water has always been a challenge for me. When I don’t hydrate I get leg cramps (especially during yoga and when I sleep), I feel tired and sluggish, and I over eat. None of these are pleasant things. Recently I made it my healthy habit for the month to stay hydrated. I am happy to say that it is no longer a challenge for me to drink enough water. On this journey to hydration, I have picked up several tricks that I use every day. Keep reading to find out how to hydrate yourself on a daily basis and enjoy doing it!
Use an amazing water bottle
If you have a water bottle that you love, you will drink more water. I just so happened to have discovered the best water bottle on the planet! It’s a Swell bottle. It is seriously a perfect water bottle.
6 Reasons I Love Swell Bottles
- It is double insulated. Living in MN this is so helpful. Whether I leave it in a very hot or very cold car it is still the perfect temperature, even after several hours. It’s magical.
- I also love the size of the opening. I can drink water, without it going all the way down my front. This is especially helpful when I am driving.
- The fact that it is all stainless is so great. I can’t stand drinking water from a plastic bottle. The water always ends up tasting like plastic. Gross.
- My Swell bottles (yes I have several, they are that good) fit perfectly in the cup holder in my car and don’t condense.
- They also look really nice. I have gotten several compliments on them, especially the one with the teakwood finish.
- The best part? Swell is just a downright good company. I received a new bottle in the mail that had a black mark on it that I couldn’t get off. After contacting them about the issue they immediately sent me out a new one and told me I could keep the other one. Swell also donates money to UNICEF, American Forests, and Drink Up.
Want one? Here’s the link.
Drink From a Straw
For some reason drinking water from a straw makes it go down easier. It seems like it takes less effort to drink from a straw. Maybe this is just me….
I love using straws. But I hate plastic. It’s bad for humans and for the environment. So what’s a girl to do? Use metal straws!!
Bonus Trick: Drink from mason jars. They are so cute, it makes water a little more fun.
Drink Tasty Water
When you drink tasty water, it seems more like a treat than water.
I have a few kinds of water that I buy that are uber tasty. (again, no affiliates here, I just love the products!)
- La Croix Water
- This is a carbonated water with no sugar or sweeteners.
- Coconut is my favorite flavor.
- Some other great flavors are grapefruit, peach pear, cran-raspberry, and passionfruit.
- Gerolsteiner is a naturally carbonated water.
- It has tons of naturally occurring minerals.
- It’s a German company (but you can find it in the US). I visit Germany often and when I am there I can’t get enough of this water. I got my family in the US hooked on it too!
- Buy some here!
- Make water tasty with an Aquazinger
- I found this product a few years ago and still use it.
- You can mix in any fruit, cucumbers, mint, etc into the bottom of the bottle and it infuses your water.
- When I brought this to work all my colleagues loved it and bought one too!
- My favorite combination is strawberries and lemon!
I have 5 glasses/water bottles that I drink from. So when I started to track how much water I was drinking, I spent 5 minutes figuring out how many ounces fit in each glass or water bottle. That way once I finished a container of water I knew exactly how much I just drank and could put it down on my printout. Grab this free printout here.
I have the following goals for myself:
12 oz. right away in the morning
24 oz. before lunch
12 oz. after lunch before I leave work
12 oz. before dinner
12 oz. after dinner
This way I’m not chugging water at the end of the day and up twelve times to pee during the night.
There you have it! I have had an aversion to water my whole life. But with these tricks, I am finally staying hydrated.
Drinking water is one thing you need to stay healthy. There are a ton of other things you can be doing to create the healthiest version of yourself. Check out Morning Routine, Starting Your Day Off Right to find ways to incorporate other healthy habits into your day.
Comment below if you have anything tricks that help you stay hydrated.