This page may contain affiliate links. Through these links, I get a commission if you purchase something, with no extra cost to you. Please know that I only recommend products that I love and personally use/research.
Welcome! I am so glad you have joined our Yogi Book Club. This month’s book is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.
You can check out last month’s discussion here: March 2017 Eat, Taste, Heal
This Month’s Book
How I Came Across this Book
I read this book a long time ago. I remember being drawn to some parts of the book more than others. It will be very interesting to me to see after many years how I react to the different sections.
If this book doesn’t speak to you, feel free to sit the month out. I am always open to book suggestions for future months!
These are our discussion questions for Eat, Pray, Love
These discussion questions for Eat, Pray, Love are from teacherpress.ocps.net.
1. Is Liz a likable character?
2. Her decision to travel and discover herself is it selfish or self-actualisation?
3. Does a selfish/self-indulgent act need to be seen as a negative thing?
4. Is Liz self-indulgent or brave?
5. Is Liz running away from the kind of responsibility which most young people meet head on? (mortgage, jobs etc)
6. “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort?” (p272) Do you agree? Or are some people just born happy?
7. “All the sorrow & trouble of this world is caused by unhappy people!” (p273) Do you agree?
8. Is this story inspiring?
9. Is there still a stigma about depression in today’s society?
10. Most of us won’t be able to give up our lives to find ourselves? Can we achieve the same results in our everyday lives? How?
11. What lessons can we learn from Liz?
Comments will open up on the 15th of April. This is where you can answer some or all of the discussion questions. Also, feel free to respond to other comments and have discussions, this is a book club after all! I will post my answers on the 15th as well. Happy reading! I am so excited to see what you think of the book!